Thursday, March 12, 2009

Teaching with Moviemaker

I didn't use many tools when I created this movie on The Lifecycle of Frogs. I only used pictures from the internet that I downloaded and I typed in my own text on each clip. I used one website to get my information from. I used several websites to get the pictures that I needed. I also used Windows Moviemaker. I also used sound as background music and embedded it into my movie. I did not use pictures taken from a digital camera or any videos. Although, I would have liked too. I will make it a point to learn how to use pictures taken from a digital camera to embed into a movie. Students will be able to draw their own pictures and put them into a digital camera to use in a movie as well as images from the internet.


It was very difficult and stressful at first to figure it out, but I finally got it. I believe that I will be able to now show my students how to use moviemaker for their projects. I will also show my students how to embedd music into a movie. The sound in the background really makes a difference, I think.

As the students learn how to use these tools to produce well thought out projects, parents will also be learning how to use these tools. Students will be able to work on their assignments at home. Some assignments that students could do would be researching a certain topic and science projects. Windows imoviemaker would be a great tool to use, with science projects due around this time of year in schools.Instead of students writing or typing out research papers, students could produce a movie.

There are many community participants at science fairs judging these projects. They too would probably be interested as to how these students created these movies. You would then have more folks probably using these tools also.

Frog Lifecycle

1 comment:

  1. Ida,

    I truly enjoyed your choice of music to go along with your movie on the the Life Cycle of the frog. I believe it conveyed your ability to make a movie, but also it gives students a realistic view on how to make a movie also. It empowers their abilities within the assignment.
    One of the things I liked was it showed students they can make a movie with as little as music and pictures, yet relay the important information they need. I believe with careful management and over site that any student could do this with their projects. It has inspired me to do a presentation with the Judicial aspect of the powers of government, however, I believe I will go out and either film or take photos to reinforce instead of borrow from the internet. I can see so many applications for this for our students today.
    Well done IDa.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete